How do I close my HSA?

If you are no longer enrolled in the HSA through IU, you may close your HSA at any time by submitting an HSA Distribution Form to transfer or rollover your HSA balance.
If you do not have a balance in your HSA, you may send an email request to Please include your name and your 10-digit employee ID number to verify that you would like your account closed.