What is a Mistaken Distribution?

A mistaken distribution is a refund processed back to your HSA. You may pay your HSA back any refunds that you have received directly from your personal bank account and then send an email to IUSupport@wexinc.com with your name, your 10-digit employee ID number, and the refund contribution you have submitted. We will manually adjust the transaction from a normal contribution to a mistaken distribution. (Without this adjustment, it could place your contributions over your HSA maximum contribution for the year.)
You may also complete the HSA Contribution Form and send a check payable to WEX Inc. by mail to:
c/o HSA
P.O. Box 2905
Fargo, ND 58108-2905
All mistaken distributions must be processed by tax day of the next year.